Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Is the grass always greener?

Not always. Especially in New England this summer. The frustration over lawn care can be pretty bad this time of year. Crabgrass is in full bloom and many communities have been enduring water bans and drought conditions for the past few weeks. (Of course it has been raining steadily for the last 3 days now that I decided to write this). Regardless, the drought conditions were ideal for weeds to germinate and take root, and now the rain is helping them grow and spread.

Looking to fight back and repair some areas of your yard or overseed this fall? I have you covered! So, what the heck does grass seed have to do with home renovations? I cover outdoor projects, landscaping, and lawn care as well. It’s all part of your property and what we call ‘home’.

I decided to settle the score once and for all. Deyano vs. the lawn! I’ll be updating this series occasionally with my head-head testing of 3 seed mixes: a low-grade brand name seed, a medium grade mix, and a premium seed mix. Does cost really matter? We’ll find out!

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment